Dear Kindergarten Families,
Welcome to Brunner and full-day kindergarten! I am so excited to have the opportunity to watch all of your children learn and grow together this upcoming school year!
A little bit about me: This is my sixth year teaching at Brunner. For the first four years I taught in the preschool program, and now I am thrilled to be starting my second year on the kindergarten team. I have two sons and two dogs. I love spending time outdoors and anything science-related. I spend my summers between the beach and the mountains and have quite the nature collection ☺.
Some important things before our year together begins:
The first day of school is Wednesday, September 6th. Our day will begin at 8:25 am and will end at 12:40 pm (this is a single session day). Please line up by my name (Mrs. Jarrett) under the awning near the Kindergarten doors. This is where I will greet and dismiss the students everyday. Please provide a healthy snack and drink for your child each day. Your child will have the option to either purchase lunch or bring a packed lunch, beginning Thursday, September 7th. There will be no lunch at school on the 6th.
Suggested school supplies:
- 1 Take home folder (any color/design)
- 3 Pocket folders (any color, but if possible, green, orange, and purple; please have pockets on the bottom of the folder, no side pocket folders)
- 1 Composition Book: Primary Journal – Story Book Black Marble (if possible)
- 6 Glue sticks
- A smock (an old adult sized t-shirt works great!)
- A backpack large enough to hold folders
- A family photo (no larger than 5x7 to help build a home-school connection)
**Please try to label all items clearly with your child’s name
Enclosed you will find a nametag for your child. Please have your child wear their nametag on the first day of school. Please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns, or want to share information related to allergies, nicknames, etc. before the start of school. I look forward to getting to know you and your child and to a wonderful school year!
(908) 889-2148 ext. 1007