Q.U.E.S.T. and Enrichment Programs (Grades 3-8)
The Scotch Plains – Fanwood Public Schools are committed to providing learning opportunities which will stimulate all children while simultaneously meeting the unique needs of the academically talented student
The QUEST (Question, Understand, Explore, Seek, and Think) program is a pull-out program for academically talented students in the district elementary and middle schools.
The goals of the QUEST program are to
- Develop students’ conceptual understanding of real-world themes, issues, and problems
- Provide advanced opportunities for students to think and problem solve
- Enhance students’ creative thinking skills and encourage innovation
- Develop students’ metacognitive skills to foster independence and self-directed learning
- Develop students’ social skills though positive peer relationships and social interactions
- Engage students in individual and cooperative learning environments where they have the opportunity to clarify and negotiate their thinking with others
In addition to in-school opportunities, students are involved in special activities, which enable them to interact with other identified students in our district and in neighboring districts. These activities will prepare our learners for meaningful participation in both the classroom and community by valuing their individuality, recognizing their skills and instilling in them an appreciation of their ability to contribute to society.
Erin Mullman, Supervisor