Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to speech-language therapy!
What is speech and language?
Speech involves the physical aspects of communicating a message which includes:
1. Articulation: The production of sounds
2. Fluency: The smoothness or flow when talking
3. Voice: The quality of sound production
Language refers to the comprehension and organized use of a spoken or written system for communicating which includes:
1. Form: structural aspects of languge (how we say it)
2. Content: meaning of language (what we say)
3. Use: appropriate application of language (why we say it)