Degrees and Certifications:
Degrees: -Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology from Seton Hall University -Bachelor of Science in Elementary/Early Childhood/Special Education from Seton Hall University Certifications: -Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology -Speech-Language Specialist -Elementary School Teacher in Grades K-6 -Teacher of Students with Disabilities -Teacher of Preschool-Grade 3
Jacquelyn Garafola M.S., CCC-SLP
Welcome to speech-language therapy!
What is speech and language?
Speech involves the physical aspects of communicating a message which includes:
1. Articulation: The production of sounds
2. Fluency: The smoothness or flow when talking
3. Voice: The quality of sound production
Language refers to the comprehension and organized use of a spoken or written system for communicating which includes:
1. Form: structural aspects of languge (how we say it)
2. Content: meaning of language (what we say)
3. Use: appropriate application of language (why we say it)