Welcome to Coles! The office staff is here to assist you in any way that we can. Please don't hesitate to contact us by either phone or email.
- Hours: Office hours are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Parking: Parents and visitors are requested to make use of parking spaces available on the street between 7:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Please refrain from parking or entering the staff lot, even for a brief amount of time, during these hours.
- Phone System: The school phone number is (908) 757-7555 From a touch tone phone, Press 3 for the Main Office; 1 for the Attendance Line; 2 for the School Nurse; and 6 for a Dial by Name Directory.
- Reporting a Child Absent/Late: Parents are asked to call the school attendance line (again...(908) 757-7555, Press Option 3) whenever their child is absent from school or will be more than 15 minutes late. Calls to this number may be made at any time during the day or night.
- Tardiness: Students in Grades 1 through 4, and morning pre-k and kindergarten, are considered tardy if they are not in their classrooms ready to begin at 8:35 a.m. Afternoon pre-k students are considered tardy after 12:20 p.m. All students who arrive late for school must report to the Main Office to obtain a late pass. When a student arrives at school 30 minutes after the instructional period begins, parents are requested to escort their child to the Main Office in order to indicate the reason for their child being late.
- Early Dismissal: Parents are requested NOT to ask that their child be excused early except when a true emergency makes early dismissal unavoidable. Early dismissal should be arranged in writing through the Main Office. Students will be called to the office AFTER the parent/guardian arrives and signs their child out of school.
- Visitors: Visitors are always welcome. Please enter our building through Door 1. Ring the doorbell and wait to be buzzed in. We respectfully ask you to please be patient. The office can be quite busy at times and there may be a short delay before we can respond to the bell. Upon entering the school, turn right to the Main Office. Board of Education policy requires all visitors to sign in and obtain a badge that must be worn while in the building. The school office reserves the right to request identification for those visitors who are not familiar to us.
- Cell Phones: Please remember to turn off your cells phones upon entering the school; they can be quite disruptive.
- Lost & Found: Lost and found articles are collected in the main lobby and stored in a container, with the exception of jewelry, eye glasses, and keys. Parents and students may check for lost articles at any time during the school year. It is suggested that parents mark their child's clothing and personal possessions with their child's name to help prevent items from becoming "lost." At the end of the school year, items that have not been claimed will be displayed on a table in the main lobby. Any items remaining at that time, will be donated to local charities.
We look forward to seeing you at school!
Last Modified on September 13, 2017