Welcome to the SPF Preschool Program!
The Scotch Plains - Fanwood Preschool Program provides a foundation of readiness skills for 3- and 4-year-old children. The preschool program is a tuition-based, regular education program with integrated classes that include some classified student participation. Enrollment is limited to Scotch Plains and Fanwood residents.
Please call the Preschool Office for information and to discuss your child's needs. The office number is (908) 889-8600 x3302.
*************** Update on 2019-2020 ***************
The application for 2019-2020 will be available here on February 4, 2019. It will be posted that morning for printing and available in hard copy in each of the 5 elementary schools. Please read the SPF Preschool Program Newsletter 2019-2020 to learn about our classes, curriculum, activities and more!
See the Upcoming Events page for further information.
- Half-day sessions are held in the morning (8:35-11:20am) or afternoon (12:20-3:10pm)
- Classes meet 5 days per week following the district school calendar
- Approximately 15 children comprise each class
- Each class is supervised by a teacher certified in Early Childhood Education and is assisted by a full-time instructional aide
- Children must be residents of Scotch Plains or Fanwood to participate
- Children must be 3- or 4-years-old on or before October 1st of the school year for which they are enrolling
- Our program utilizes Creative Curriculum for its proven results in promoting literacy, mathematics and critical-thinking skills
- Applications are accepted until the program reaches capacity
(908) 889-8600 ext. 3302
If you are concerned that your child is developing or learning differently, you can request an evaluation for preschool special education and related services. For more information, please call the Department of Special Services at (908) 889-0100.