The Scotch Plains-Fanwood School District has subscribed to two online programs for students in Grades 1 through 4 to use both at school and at home. One program is connected to the Everyday Mathematics Program your child is using in school. The program is online Everyday Math games that support the instruction in the classroom.
The second program is called RAZ Kids. In this program there is a wide selection of books which your child can listen to or read independently for practice. Your child's teacher has indicated your child's readling level. Interactive quizzes are at the end of each book to check for understanding.
Your child's teacher has a password for your child for each of the programs. Below you will find more details about the online software. Your support in encouraging your child to access these programs is very much appreciated. We are excited about this opportunity for your child and sincerely hope that he/she will take advantage of it. Please contact your child's teacher if you have any difficulties accessing the programs.EVERYDAY MATH ONLINE:
As you know, our school has adopted Everyday Mathematics as our core math curriculum. The Everyday Math Online website can be used from most computers that can use the Internet. If the information on the Login Card doesn't seem to be recognized, please ask your child's teacher to give you an updated Login Card.
Using Everyday Math Online at Home:
- In a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari, go the to the Everyday Math Online home page at https://www.everydaymathonline.com. You may wish to save this address as a "favorite" or "bookmark" in your browser.
- On your first visit, click the Support link in the upper-right corner of the page. Read the system requirements and run the Computer Test to test the technology on your computer and see what you may need to update. The most common updates are: (a) Install or update the Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave plug-ins; and (b) Allow pop-up windows from "everydaymathonline.com" and "emgames.com".
- Click "Student Login" in the upper left of the page.
- On the Student Login page, fill in your child's "Login" name exactly as shown on the Login Card sent home by your child's teacher. After you are done typing it, click the Start button. (If you see "We don't know about that username...", or "That's the wrong password...", please try again, carefully entering the information from the card. If you are still unable to log in, the teacher may need to issue a new Login Card or assign your child to his or her class.)
- You will either see a password box, or series of buttons to click. Enter the password shown on your card (Your child's teacher chooses the password method for the entire class. If you don't see a way to enter the password the way it appears on the card, the teacher may need to issue a new Login Card or change the password method), and then click the Log In button (Again, if you see "We don't know about that username...", or "That's the wrong
password...", please try again, carefully entering the information from
the card. If you are still unable to log in, the teacher may need to issue a new Login Card or assign your child to his or her class.)
- You are now logged in and may click any of the Launch buttons you see.
The Scotch Plains-Fanwood School District has subscribed to the online library of exciting reading materials giving your child access to a wonderful world of books. Raz-Kids helps students improve their reading skills as they listen to a book read for modeled fluency. Then, if the computer has a built-in record function, students can record themselves reading the same book. Or, students can read the book to themselves or aloud for practice. Interactive quizzes are available at the end of each book to check for understanding.Here is how to access the website and your child's reading assignment from any computer connectd to the Internet:
- Go to the www.raz-kids.com from your Internet browser and click on "Login."
- Type in the teacher's username and click "go."
- Find your name or symbol on the chart and click on that symbol.
- Enter a picture or text password if prompted.
- The books in your child's assignment and stars earned appear on a personal assignment page. Your child can choose to listen, read, or take a quiz by clicking on the symbols below each book. If worksheets have been assigned, these will be sent home by the teacher.
Remember, the more your child reads, the better reader he or she will become!