WELCOMEThe Counseling Staff recognizes that you may be feeling additional stress at this time.We are available to help.What's New:Program of Studies- Grade 8Elective Presentation PowerPoint- Grade 8Family Resources:
Family and Student Resources:
Student Tips for Success:
- Take a Mindful moment – Practice keeping your body still and quiet while listening to silence.
- Deep breathing – Utilize an inhale/exhale rhythm. Bring yourself back into focus and no one else.
- Relaxation – Bring your energy to a nice, calm state. Use relaxing music or guided imagery.
Treat your At-Home learning class just like “real” class at school.
Hold yourself accountable by doing your classwork and homework. Grades Matter!
Create a regular study space without noisy distractions.
- Is the television on?- Remember we can hear and see the television program.
- Are you using your cell phone?- Remember we can see and hear you using FaceTime, texting, and looking down at your phone.
- Camera On!
- Microphone On!
- Showing your full face, not just random body appendages!
- Have the bell schedule in front of you to know what time each class begins and ends. Hybrid Bell Schedule
- Be On Time to class
Attend Extra Help Sessions
- Have you taken advantage of the extra help opportunities that your teachers are offering? Check with your teacher for the day and meet code.
Parent Tips for Success:
Power school- Your Best Resource For:
Please call the counseling office if you need any assistance with access.What should I do if my child is not achieving to his/her ability level?
- Semester progress comments
- Class grades which are continuously available to monitor academics
- Daily attendance records
Talk to your student. Find out what she/he/they are struggling with and what steps have been taken to receive help.
Email the teacher:
- Does the struggle pertain to: completion of assignments, assessments, homework, and/or behavior?
- Ask what interventions may be necessary to improve the achievement level within the class?
- Ask when extra help sessions may be available?
Check out the various clubs offerings here at Park. Many students need to socialize, make new friends, and engage in activities.
In grades 6-8 S.T.A.R. is a critical time to receive help, check-in with teachers, and/or complete assignments.
At home, consider a routine check-in system for work completion and positive reinforcement.Counseling StaffGrade 6 and 8 CounselorChristina Krasovsky(908) 322-4445 ext. 21601Grade 5 and 7 CounselorJason Cross(908) 322-4445 ext. 21602Administrative Staff
Grade 6 and 8 SecretaryJoanne Boettcher(908) 322-4445 ext. 21006Grade 6 and 8 SecretaryMiriam Moya(908) 322-4445 ext. 21005