WELCOMEThe Counseling Staff recognizes that you may be feeling additional stress at this time.We are available to help.
Grade 6 and 8 Counselor
Grade 5 and 7 Counselor
(908) 322- 4445 x 21601
(908) 322 – 4445 x 21602
Grade 6 and 8 Secretary
Grade 5 and 7 Secretary
(908) 322-4445 x 21006
(908) 322-4445 x 21005
GRADE 8 HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION
Due March 3, 2023
Directions: PowerSchool Class Registration
Student Elective Presentation Slides
MAY - UPCOMING EVENTS
5/5/23 Dave Cilio Color Run @Nettingham Field Of Dreams
5/ 8-9/23 NJSLA Grades 5 & 8 ELA
5/10-11/23 NJSLA Grades 5 & 8 Math
5/11/23 Environmental Club Field Trip
5/15 & 5/16 NJSLA Grades 5 & 8 Science
5/15-19/23 Book Fair 5/17-23
5th Grade Field Trip 5/17/23 Jazz Band Teen Arts Festival
5/19/23 Crimson Choir and Jazz Band Field Trip 5/23/23 Band Concert @ Nettingham 6:30pm
5/24-26/23 Possible Snow Give Back Days
5/29/23 Memorial Day-School Closed
5/30/23 6th Grade Chorus Field Trip
JUNE - UPCOMING EVENTS
6/1/23 Environmental Club Field Trip
6/8/23 Chorus Concert @ 6:30pm
6/9/23 5th Grade LEAD Graduation @ 9am
6/9/23 8th Grade Field Day @12:30pm
6/9/23 8th Grade Dance @ 7pm
6/12,13/238th Grade Math Finals
6/14/23 8th Grade EOY Field Trip
6/19/23 5th Grade Field Day @9am
6/19/23 8th Grade Evening Of Recognition 6pm @SPFHS Perry Tyson Field
6/20/23 Single Session Days-12:20 Dismissal
6/21/22 8th Grade Awards Ceremony@ 9am
6/21/22 8th Grade Clap Out @12:15pm
6/21/22 Last Day Of School!- 12:20 Dismissal ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!
Parent Tips for Student Success:
Powerschool- Your Best Resource For:
Please call the counseling office if you need any assistance with access.(908) 322-4445 X 21005 or 21006
- Semester progress comments
- Class grades, which are continuously available to monitor academics
- Daily attendance records
Student Tips for Success: Practice Opening A Lock
1. Hold yourself accountable by doing your classwork and homework. Grades Matter!
2. Create a regular study space without noisy distractions.
- Is the television on?- Remember we can hear and see the television program.
- Are you using your cell phone?- Remember we can see and hear you using FaceTime, texting, and looking down at your phone.
- Set a timer and take short breaks
- Fuel your mind with healthy snacks
3. Engagement Starts With You
- Be Prepared
- Ask Questions
- Go For Any Extra Help Sessions or Office Hours
4. Stay organized
- Take a Mindful moment – Practice keeping your body still and quiet while listening to silence.
- Deep breathing – Utilize an inhale/exhale rhythm. Bring yourself back into focus and no one else.
- Relaxation – Bring your energy to a nice, calm state. Use relaxing music or guided imagery.
Union County Vo-Tech Information and Sessions: https://www.ucvts.org/Page/745
Union Catholic Open House Information: UC