The Counseling Staff recognizes that you may be feeling additional stress at this time.We are available to help.What's New:Grade 8 Recognition Evening: June 21, 2022Grade 5 Field Day: June 21, 2022Grade 8 Frogbridge Trip: June 15, 2022Grade 5 Info sharing about 6th Grade: June 7, 2022Family Resources:
Family and Student Resources:
Student Tips for Success:
- Take a Mindful moment – Practice keeping your body still and quiet while listening to silence.
- Deep breathing – Utilize an inhale/exhale rhythm. Bring yourself back into focus and no one else.
- Relaxation – Bring your energy to a nice, calm state. Use relaxing music or guided imagery.
Hold yourself accountable by doing your classwork and homework. Grades Matter!
Create a regular study space without noisy distractions.
- Is the television on?- Remember we can hear and see the television program.
- Are you using your cell phone?- Remember we can see and hear you using FaceTime, texting, and looking down at your phone.
Engagement Starts With You
- Be Prepared
- Ask Questions
- Go For Any Extra Help Sessions or Office Hours
- Have the bell schedule in front of you to know what time each class begins and ends.
- Be On Time to class
- Calendar 2021-2022
- Middle School Bell Schedule
- 6 Day Calendar Cycle
- Morning Announcements Link
Attend Extra Help Sessions
- Have you taken advantage of the extra help opportunities that your teachers are offering? Check with your teacher for the day and time.
Parent Tips for Success:
Powerschool- Your Best Resource For:
Please call the counseling office if you need any assistance with access.What should I do if my child is not achieving?
- Semester progress comments
- Class grades, which are continuously available to monitor academics
- Daily attendance records
Talk to your student. Find out what she/he/they are struggling with and what steps have been taken to receive help.
Email the teacher:
- Does the struggle pertain to: completion of assignments, assessments, homework, and/or behavior?
- Ask what interventions may be necessary to improve the achievement level within the class?
- Ask when extra help sessions may be available?
Check out the various Nettingham Club Offerings Many students need to socialize, make new friends, and engage in activities.
In grades 6-8: S.T.A.R., it is a critical time to receive help, check-in with teachers, and/or complete assignments.
At home, consider a routine check-in system for work completion and positive reinforcement.Counseling StaffYear 2022-2023Grade 6 and 8 CounselorChristina Krasovsky(908) 322-4445 ext. 21601Yer 2022-2023Grade 5 and 7 CounselorJason Cross(908) 322-4445 ext. 21602Administrative Staff
Year 2022-2023Grade 6 and 8 SecretaryMiriam Moya(908) 322-4445 ext. 21005Year 2022-2023Grade 5 and 7 SecretaryCybil Brown(908) 322-4445 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org