WELCOMEThe Counseling Staff recognizes that you may be feeling additional stress at this time.We are available to help.
Grade 6 and 8 Counselor
Grade 5 and 7 Counselor
(908) 322- 4445 x 21601
(908) 322 – 4445 x 21602
Grade 6 and 8 Secretary
Grade 5 and 7 Secretary
(908) 322-4445 x 21006
(908) 322-4445 x 21005
GRADE 8 HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION
Due March 3, 2023
Directions: PowerSchool Class Registration
Student Elective Presentation Slides
MARCH - UPCOMING EVENTS
3/7/23 PTA Meeting 7:30pm
3/8/23 The Price of Silence Documentary Screening 6:30pm
3/10/23 School Closed for Professional Development
3/15/23 SPF Vs. Harlem Wizards 7pm@SPFHS
3/16/23 5th Grade Quest Field
Trip 3/17/23 Crimson Choir and Jazz Band Music Tour
3/20/23 NSS Bake Sale 2:45pm
3/22/23 8th Grade Spanish Field Trip
3/24,25/23 Musical 7:00pm
3/26/23 Musical 2:00pm
3/27/23 Think Purple Assembly for 7th and 8th Grade
3/28/23 5th and 6th Grade In-house Field Trip
3/29/23 Holocaust Survivor Speaker for 6th Grade
3/30/23 Coffee with the Superintendent 7:30pm @ Nettingham
APRIL - UPCOMING EVENTS
4/3-7/23 Spring Break
4/11/23 PTA Meeting 7:30pm
4/13/23 STEM Expo Nettingham and Terrill @Terrill Middle 7:00pm
4/27/23 Take Your Child To Work Day
Parent Tips for Student Success:
Powerschool- Your Best Resource For:
Please call the counseling office if you need any assistance with access.(908) 322-4445 X 21005 or 21006
- Semester progress comments
- Class grades, which are continuously available to monitor academics
- Daily attendance records
Student Tips for Success: Practice Opening A Lock
1. Hold yourself accountable by doing your classwork and homework. Grades Matter!
2. Create a regular study space without noisy distractions.
- Is the television on?- Remember we can hear and see the television program.
- Are you using your cell phone?- Remember we can see and hear you using FaceTime, texting, and looking down at your phone.
- Set a timer and take short breaks
- Fuel your mind with healthy snacks
3. Engagement Starts With You
- Be Prepared
- Ask Questions
- Go For Any Extra Help Sessions or Office Hours
4. Stay organized
- Take a Mindful moment – Practice keeping your body still and quiet while listening to silence.
- Deep breathing – Utilize an inhale/exhale rhythm. Bring yourself back into focus and no one else.
- Relaxation – Bring your energy to a nice, calm state. Use relaxing music or guided imagery.
Union County Vo-Tech Information and Sessions: https://www.ucvts.org/Page/745
Union Catholic Open House Information: UC