Honeywell Emergency Alert System...At the start of the 2009/2010 school year, the Scotch Plains-Fanwood School District implemented a new parent emergency alert notification method through the Honeywell Emergency Alert System. Parents/guardians of each household are requested to register their family profile on the Honeywell system after completing the in-person registration process at their child's school. The only notification families will receive re school closings, delayed openings, or emergency early dismissals, will be through Honeywell.
If you do not create a family profile with Honeywell, you may still receive a call based on phone contact information in the District's student management system. However, the way to ensure that you receive the messages in the priority that works best for your family is to register your profile with Honeywell.
Please remember to update your contact information in our Instant Messaging Alert System if you are new to the District or if you have had any changes in your home or cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Initially your home phone number is entered into the system by the District. It is up to you to add any other information. When choosing the form of "Alert Setup" it is advisable to check off "School Closings" and "Important Messages" in order to receive messages for school closings, delays or unscheduled early dismissals, and for important announcements.
This system permits you to enter your account and edit it to include other forms of notification, such as your email address, cell phone, text messaging, pager or PDA. You can also add other contacts, such as a relative, a baby sitter, etc. Please take advantage of this opportunity to expand the ways in which we can reach you in an emergency. The instructions follow:
If you have NOT registered for Honeywell, please register and create your account (go to the Honeywell Instant Alert website at https://instantalert.honeywell.com):
- Click "Parent" in the New User box.
- Complete the student information form. Enter your child's first and last name as it appears on the report card.
- Click "Submit."
- Complete the corresponding screen. Click "Submit."
- After receiving the confirmation message, click "Proceed" to get started with Instant Alert.
- Note: Remember your Login Name and Password so you may use it to update your profile. Your password is case sensitive.
- Upon successful login, click on "My Family."
- Click on a parent name (the father's name is usually the default) to view and edit parent details.
- Click on a student name to view details about your children enrolled in this school.
- Click on "Alert Setup."
- Click on the check boxes to select which alert type you would like to have sent to which device. Click on "Save" when complete.
- If you would like to add another contact device, select the device type and enter the device details. Select the person to whom the device belongs and click on "Add."
- For e-mail, text messaging, and pagers, you may send yourself a test message. Click on "Send Test Message" to send yourself a message.
- Click on "Other Contacts."
- Click on "Add New Contact" and complete the form if you would like this person to receive alerts from the school.
- DO NOT click on the "Pick Up Rights" check box. For emergencies, the District will refer to the information provided at the beginning of the school year. If changes are necessary, please contact the school principal in writing. The District will not recognize any information on the web site for "Pick Up and/or Custody Rights."
- Click on "Save" when all other functions are completed.
- Click on "Alert History" to view alerts that have been sent to you.
- Use the calendar icons and "Alert Type" list to filter the alerts.
To ensure reeiving alerts, please have InstantAlert@Honeywell.com in your email address book.
Please remember that the District uses other sources of communication for school alerts, including www.spfk12.org, Cable TV Channel 34, NJ 101.5 FM Radio, NJ 12 TV, and Channels 4, 5 and 7.
Last Modified on March 11, 2011