Welcome to the SP-F Preschool Program!
The Scotch Plains - Fanwood Preschool Program provides a foundation of readiness skills for 3- and 4-year-old children. The preschool program is a tuition-based, regular education program with integrated classes that include some classified student participation. Enrollment is limited to Scotch Plains and Fanwood residents.
- Half-day sessions are held in the morning (8:35-11:20am) or afternoon (12:20-3:10pm)
- Classes meet 5 days per week following the district school calendar
- Approximately 15 children comprise each class
- Each class is supervised by a teacher certified in Early Childhood Education and is assisted by a full-time instructional aide
- Children must be residents of Scotch Plains or Fanwood to participate
- Children must be 3 or 4 years old on or before October 1, 2017
- Our program utilizes Creative Curriculum for its proven results in promoting literacy, mathematics and critical-thinking skills
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the program reaches capacity
Applications now available!
Update: July 20, 2017
Placement letters were mailed in late June and we are finishing up the registration appointments. If you received a placement and are new to the program, you must come in with the registration materials to register your child. If you are returning, then you must mail in your June tuition payment to secure your child's placement. Please call the Preschool office to make an appointment prior to coming in. When you come to your appointment, come to door 12 at the high school on 667 Westfield Rd and go to the main office and they will contact our office.
(908) 889-8600 ext. 3302
If you are concerned that your child is developing or learning differently, you can request an evaluation for preschool special education and related services. For more information, please call the Department of Special Services at (908) 889-0100.