Welcome to the SPF Preschool Program!
The Scotch Plains - Fanwood Preschool Program provides a foundation of readiness skills for 3- and 4-year-old children. The preschool program is a tuition-based, regular education program with integrated classes that include some classified student participation. Enrollment is limited to Scotch Plains and Fanwood residents. Please read the SPF Preschool Program Newsletter (2018-2019) to learn about our classes, curriculum, activities and more!
Applications for 2018-2019 are now available!
to download the file.
Applications are also available in the main office of each elementary school.
**** UPDATE ****
Preschool Placement Letters went out June 5, 2018.
Please call the Preschool Office (908) 889-8600 x3302 to make an appointment for your in person registration.
Please do NOT come to the office without an appointment.
- Half-day sessions are held in the morning (8:35-11:20am) or afternoon (12:20-3:10pm)
- Classes meet 5 days per week following the district school calendar
- Approximately 15 children comprise each class
- Each class is supervised by a teacher certified in Early Childhood Education and is assisted by a full-time instructional aide
- Children must be residents of Scotch Plains or Fanwood to participate
- Children must be 3- or 4-years-old on or before October 1st of the school year for which they are enrolling
- Our program utilizes Creative Curriculum for its proven results in promoting literacy, mathematics and critical-thinking skills
- Applications are accepted until the program reaches capacity
(908) 889-8600 ext. 3302
If you are concerned that your child is developing or learning differently, you can request an evaluation for preschool special education and related services. For more information, please call the Department of Special Services at (908) 889-0100.