Welcome to the SPF Preschool Program!The Scotch Plains - Fanwood Preschool Program provides a foundation of readiness skills for 3- and 4-year-old children. The preschool program is a tuition-based, regular education program with integrated classes that include some classified student participation. Enrollment is limited to Scotch Plains and Fanwood residents
The 2020-2021 Preschool Application is now available!
Click here to download.Please mail the completed to the Preschool Office with a $50 check of money order made out to "SPF Board of Education."
Please do not drop the application off at the high school.
Attn: Kate Rosander
667 Westfield Road
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076Please click here for the 2020-2021 Preschool Newsletter.********Calling all Preschool Families!!!!****************Preschool Family Event********
Thursday, February 20, 2020
Scotch Plains-Fanwood Library6:30 pm - 7:30 pmSee the Upcoming Events page for further details.
About Our Program
- Half-day sessions are held in the morning (8:35-11:20am) or afternoon (12:20-3:10pm).
- Classes meet 5 days per week following the district school calendar.
- Approximately 15 children comprise each class.
- Each class is supervised by a teacher certified in Early Childhood Education and is assisted by a full-time instructional aide.
- Children must be residents of Scotch Plains or Fanwood to participate.
- Children must be 3- or 4-years-old on or before October 1st of the school year for which they are enrolling.
- Our program utilizes Creative Curriculum for its proven results in promoting literacy, mathematics and critical-thinking skills.
- Applications are accepted until the program reaches capacity.
SupervisorLorraine StaniecAdministrative Assistant(908) 889-8600 ext. 3302
If you are concerned that your child is developing or learning differently, you can request an evaluation for preschool special education and related services. For more information, please call the Department of Special Services at (908) 889-0100.